Formsteel Classic Carport C5430
2.640 (w) x 3.550 (d)
3.000 (w) x 5.450 (d)
|Internal Timber Framing||
Up to 15 Working Days
The Formsteel Classic Carport is a single entry flat roof carport suitable as a carport, patio cover or shelter for your entertainment area. The Formsteel Classic carports are NZ made from high tensile steel, come standard with a 2.1m clear entry, includes a 25 year warranty and also have the ability to be custom made, contact us now with you preferred size! The Formsteel carports come in kitset pack and are a great DIY carport otherwise contact us as we may install in your area.
Check out the Product Info and Assembly tabs below for more information or contact us with any questions – we have many years of designing and installing carports and are here to help!
This Formsteel carport is under the floor area of 20m2 and therefore, does not require consent for its size.
Key Features of the Formsteel Classic Single Carport:
- Fully customisable to suit your requirements! The Width, length and height can all be altered as well as posts being moved to suit, please contact us to custom design your carport!
- 3m long posts are supplied as standard. This allows for 0.9m in ground and a 2.1m clear height. Longer posts can be ordered for a greater clear height.
- Posts are 100 x 100 square for a clean uncluttered appearance and are made from 0.75BMT steel for a strong structure.
- Option of purchasing Galv Base Plates and attaching posts to an existing concrete surface. Please be aware the concrete MUST be in good condition, contact us for more details and pricing
- Ability to have clear light roofing. Unfortunately the entire roof can’t be in clear roofing as the strength is in the Purlindek roofing steel, however, one clear panel lets in a lot of light!
- Roll formed steel construction for a strong, durable and long lasting carport
- Purlindek roofing on all carports for a strong clear span design. Roofing is either Zinc or Coloursteel finish. Please be aware Coloursteel is only colour on one side – the top side, the underside is a grey primer – perpetual grey.
- Roof is constructed from 0.40BMT steel, Fascias and Gutters are made from 0.75BMT steel – this creates a strong Carport!
- Minimum 25mm slope to any corner on Single Carports. The gutters completely encircle the roof which enables the roof to be sloped in any direction! A greater slope can be achieved if you would like, contact us to discuss.
- 155mm Fascia-gutter on all four sides giving a clean uncluttered appearance
- Constructed using Rivets for a cost effective and simple assembly
- Attractive carport with minimal framing! The strength of the carport is in the Purlindek roofing and therefore additional framing isn’t necessary. The Carport only consists of roofing iron, Fascia/gutters and posts!
- Fully engineered carport supplied with current PS1! This means if your carport requires consent we can provide the paperwork your council requires. The Formsteel carports are also engineered for high wind zones and snow zones – contact us with your address and we will double check. Many Carports out there do not have engineering – buy a carport you can trust!
- 25 year factory warranty
- Kitset pack includes everything! From rivets to drill bits, touch up paint and even the downpipe!
- Kitset carport for easy and affordable delivery throughout NZ
- DIY carport with over the phone help if needed! We have installed many carports and have years of experience designing Formsteel carports and are only a phone call away!
- Complete assembly instructions included! Check out the ‘Assembly Tab’ to pre-read.
- Installation Service in some areas in NZ – check out our Carport Assembly page here!
Formsteel Carports are available in 3 colour options;
- Zinc – Zincalume fascia, gutters and roof with galvanised posts
- Colour Trim – Coloursteel fascia, gutters and posts with zinc roof sheets
- Coloursteel – Coloursteel fascia, gutters, posts and roof sheets
Post Length and Clear Height:
Your carport comes with 3.0m long posts which allows for a 2.1m clear height (0.8 goes in the ground and 0.1 sits up inside the gutter). You can order extra length posts for a greater clear height at the time of order for a small cost. Anything up to 3.0m clear height just requires extra length posts, whereas a clear height from 3.1-3.6m also requires the posts to be filled with concrete and rebar for strength. If you would like to go over 3.6m high we can also do this but please contact us to discuss.
Custom Made Carport:
If a standard size doesn’t suit the Formsteel shelters can also be custom made. We have many years of experience designing and installing carports, contact us by email or phone and we will design a carport for you! The width, length and height of your carport can be easily modified as well as designing carports with tapers and different shapes! The posts can be moved to dodge windows and doors as well as achieving a greater cantilever. Contact us with your requirements for a free quote and advice!
Gutter Pack: 5.500L x 200w x 200h, 40kg
Your Formsteel carport comes in Kitset pack which makes freighting your item easier. Even though these items come in kitset pack they are still very large and heavy meaning delivery can be difficult. There are three delivery options for your Formsteel kitset carport.
- Collect from the Factory, Mangere, Auckland
You can collect your carport from the Factory which is located in Mangere, Auckland. They will be able to forklift your carport onto your trailer which allows for easy unloading at your site.
- Collect from your nearest Mainfreight Depot
Your Carport can be freighted to your nearest Mainfreight depot for you to collect for a small freight charge. We feel this is the easiest option for delivery of your carport as they are very large and awkward items. The depot will forklift your carport onto your trailer for you which means you will be able to unload the packs directly where you want them at your site. Freight charges differ depending on the carport ordered and your location – please contact us for a freight price.
- Home Delivery
A home delivery may be ordered for your carport at an additional cost. However, please be aware these items are very large and heavy and you will be required to help the driver unload. If you would like a home delivery there are a few requirements that must be met;
- The driveway must have appropriate access for a truck/heavy vehicle (Please be mindful of large overhanging trees, small gateways and narrow driveways)
- There must be someone at the delivery site to accept, sign for, check for damages and help the driver unload.
- If damages occur, please sign for the items as “damaged” and contact us immediately as we must claim insurance within 7 days.
Freight charges differ depending on the carport ordered and your location – please contact us with your site address for a freight price.